Consultation is provided as required by the individual project and can include assistance in any of the following areas:
- Organization of the development process, procedures, scheduling, funding, and the encouragement of parish interest and support.
- Education of the parish about liturgical considerations and goals, appropriate architectural and artistic forms, and design and building procedures.
- Development of community input meetings, programs, questionnaires, and response forms.
- Organization of needed committees, their roles, and the establishment of criteria for membership.
- Preparation of a design program describing the functions to be accommodated, the liturgical and artistic preferences of the community, and the facilities desired.
- Long range planning and co-ordination of worship space with existing, concurrent, or future auxiliary facilities.
- Conceptual and schematic design of worship spaces and related areas in conjunction with the pastor and appropriate committee(s), preparation of drawings, models, and other descriptive materials, and presentations to the community and to Diocesan authorities.
- Establishment of criteria for selection of architectural firms to develop the construction documents and administer the construction contract, and for the selection of construction firms and other professionals.
- Consultation and collaboration with the architect and other related consultants on aesthetic and liturgical matters during the further development of the design and the construction of the project.
- Design of liturgical furnishings and guidance on fabrication, selection, and integration of appointments and art.
- Direction of the placement of furnishings and artwork.
- Review and evaluation of the completed project and assistance in developing the most effective liturgical use of the space.